Christmas.... The plan!
Time for the annual Christmas Plans blog post! 'Annual' is possibly a bit of a stretch as it's only the second time I've done this - but it worked last year so I'm declaring it a thing. It's a way for me to finalise my plans and at the same time make myself somewhat accountable - pressing 'publish' on a blog post is more of a commitment than writing a list on a scrap of paper.
And, looking back, the good news is I am a couple of weeks ahead of last year. Granted the second half of November is still pretty last minute when it comes to planning Christmas in a toy shop. But still, it's an improvement...
So, here is the grand plan for Christmas 2023...
1. Write a blog post laying out my plans - tick!
2. Create a festive home page
3. Add Christmas to the navigation menu - decorations, advent, stocking fillers, top ten toys for Christmas - that kind of thing
4. Some promotion around Moulin Roty suitcase gift sets - such lovely presents
5. Bring back the Advent Bunnies! Commit to 24 days of festive bunnies on the social pages
6. Christmas Fairs - a small selection of local fairs (including the rather magical Steiner Hereford Advent Fair this coming weekend)
7. Christmas Film - this year I am thinking the Cottontails bunnies getting ready for Christmas - gathering holly, roasting a carrot. I will be negotiating with Ralph re the starring role. Hoping the carrot might swing it.
So, there we are. With the exception of number 7, these are all nicely achievable, sensible, moderate and commercially sound strategies. Number 7 is certain to be a ludicrously time consuming extravagance - and yet this is the one that I think will bring the most joy - and is, after all, what makes Cottontails into Cottontails.
Ralph, can I have a word?